Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home Bars

Their kids call me Uncle.The kids' moms' call me "bhaiya".
Got to call the kids moms' as Bhabhiji,instead of my preferred "Ma'm".
Cant get them to call me by name.Just cant send dat msg across to those nice souls.
So got to address them (d kids's paa's) as "aap" instead of the everyday profane conduct.
Ofcourse,u shud keep d office stuff at office and got to be different wen u outta there.
But whoever said doing such things is easy.
Takes a great deal of effort to maintain d "talk-with-izzat" approach.
Specially,wen it was neva easy for me.And wen it neva exists in d first place.
This is wot makes get togethers a bit uncomfy.
This is why I always suggest,lets catch a drink outside.

5 comments:

Ketan - www.ketans.com said...

Kab baithte hain

Ravan said...

Totally agreed... U never knw wen ur "Gud intentions" might be misinterpreted as brash behaviour...

Vindows said...

Quite simple when they get married, add 15 years to their actual age. Not just that, go the full length imagine graying sidelocks, balding head, boring conversations about their kids school antics etc. There's no way you can call them anything but 'aap' from there on.

Durgesh said...

somehow..drinks at home is bit odd..I mean something like watching movie on home computer..err..bad analogy maybe...lol

ragsie said...

Izzat so ! I do agree its almost like a tightrope walk.:)